Released August, 2009
The Pros:Large capacity washer, can get quite a bit in for each load. Good energy efficiency, doesn't draw too much power while in operation. Clothes are spun dry, don't have to spend much time in the dryer afterward.
The Cons:Spin cycle is very noisy, hard to ignore. Steam function has a tendency to drastically fade clothing.
The Bosch WFVC5440UC is a high-end front-loading washer very similar to the Bosch WFVC5400UC. The main improvement that the WFVC5440UC offers over the WFVC5400UC is its AquaStop leak protection system.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
Otherwise, the WFVC5440UC and WFVC5400UC offer all of the same features, including an effective Anti-Vibration System and water saving ActiveWater cleaning technology.
The WFVC5440UC's AquaStop leak protections system utilizes a double-walled hose that will contain water in the event of a leak as well as a shut off valve that stops the water supply, effectively eliminating the risk of water damage from leaks. Its Anti-Vibration system ensures that the WFVC5440UC runs at a low operating volume of 52dBA by way of an advanced suspension system. Additionally, the WFVC5440UC's ActiveWater feature uses water as efficiently as possible, ensuring that the WFVC5440UC only utilizes 13 gallons of water per load but with the cleaning power of 400 gallons.
- EcoSmart Technology ensures more efficient operation
- ActiveWater turns 13 gal. into 400 gal. of washing power
- Exceeds ENERGY STAR 2011 Guidelines: Uses only 130 kWh/yr
- 15 wash cycles, 6 options
- AquaStop leak protection system prevents major water damage
- AVS (Anit-Vibration System) ensures a virtually silent operation (52 dBA)
- ActiveClean engineering for better cleaning performance
- 1100 rpm max spin for drier clothes and efficient drying
- Drum Sanitize heats water up to 175F to clean the drum
User Reviews (1)
large capacity washer, can get quite a bit in for each load
good energy efficiency, doesn't draw too much power while in operation
clothes are spun dry, don't have to spend much time in the dryer afterward
doesn't vibrate through the floor, good for main floor laundry rooms
doesn't have the problem with soap build-up around the door's rim seen in many front-loading washers, stays clean over many uses
spin cycle is very noisy, hard to ignore
steam function has a tendency to drastically fade clothing
You may also like...